The proposed research should engage youth with this experience as full partners in doing the research and disseminating the results.
Selected projects are required to:
- Demonstrate meaningful youth engagement in the research process;
- Focus on issues faced by children and youth who have or have had an incarcerated parent as defined by those with lived experience of such;
- Demonstrate substantive contribution to the field of COIP;
- Compensate youth fairly for their time;
- Constitute new, original work, to be submitted to a professional conference, submitted for publication in a peer-reviewed journal, and submitted as a research brief to be published on youth.gov/coip; and
- Be presented by youth and the lead researcher at a virtual meeting of federal staff, sponsored by the Interagency Working Group.
To learn more visit, Youth.gov